I lived there for 9 years and brought at the end and did OK.Its...

1. 1,750 Posts.
    I lived there for 9 years and brought at the end and did OK.
    Its very cyclical which can be to your advantage but I'm telling you It aint cheap ATM.
    I ended up in a Brick home in Lamington. This and Hannans are tyhe ONLY suburbs to buy in. When the wheels were off in 2003 the ANZ would only lend on an LVR of 80% in Boulder.
    Do not...I repeat do not buy a home without personaly inspecting it and obtaining a detailed inspection from a licensed builder. I have never seen a town with as much BAD renovation work in it. It is common for work to have been done without council approval and the general stock of housing is dreadfull.
    Iv'e been out for over 3 years but about 5-6 years ago was the time to buy. Apparently it has come off recently about 5%. It is now a declining market so beware.What you need to know about the town is that when the commodity price swings the music stops and if you havn't got a chair to sit on it will cost you 30-40% of your purchase price or perhaps 3-4 times your equity...shot in the head.No capital city dweller can appreciate the volatility untill you have lived through it...its unique to a mining town.
    I know nearly every house in that town. Real Estate is my hobby and the Dog and I used to walk for miles. If youre determined to buy give me a hoi. I also know most of the real estate hucksters in the town.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.