When I was doing politics at Uni many years ago, I remember how...

1. 642 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    When I was doing politics at Uni many years ago, I remember how we used to laugh that people are so brainwashed and committed to the respective parties that if one of the two major parties ran a donkey, the donkey would either win or come a close second.

Now, I don't expect to get the agreement of most Democrats in this forum but Biden was clearly a donkey candidate. The man is clearly suffering from dementia and cant think straight. BUT you would have voted for him. How hopeless are you.

Same with Kamala Harris. She's the substitute donkey they had to quickly find to replace the Biden donkey. The lady is a complete and utter ditz. She thinks like a child, she speaks like a child (Russia is a country, Ukraine is a country - my god help us) and when she tries especially hard to be intelligent it gets worse. All you get is an unintelligible word salad.

As for the Republican/MAGA voters in this forum I dont think Trump is a donkey. Dont get me wrong, he's no great brain but I think its clear that he's nowhere near as brain dead and stupid as Biden or Harris. BUT REALLY, Trump is supposed to be the man of the people? Pell-eeeese. That self serving, self interested charlatan who will say and adopt whatever policy he needs to win the election and then do nothing he promised,(just like last time) except give him and his class huge tax cuts in a country that's falling apart from crumbling infrastructure and a debt of $35Trillion. Tax cuts for the rich, really.

UNDERSTAND THIS

The Politics that played out for you in your younger years is not the politics that's playing out for you now. Everything has changed. Whereas before the people you elected had some say (only some) in how the country was run. Now that's not the case. Whether you vote Biden Harris or Trump the major policy issues impacting on your lives will remain unaltered and America and the Western world will continue on its relentless march to self-destruction.

When Rome fell, it was full of Trumps!!!

We need a system change because representatives of whatever stamp don't represent us. They just say what we want to hear and then do what their string pullers tell them to do. AND THAT INCLUDES TRUMP who bends the knee to the Israel lobby every bit as much as the democrats.

Demand Direct Democracy. Direct Democracy gives decision making powers to the people. The last 250 years has shown us that voting for others to make decisions for us, is really Oligarchy because Oligarchs buy your so called "representatives".

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.