KAMALA, page-579

1. 411 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 54
    https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-harris-presidential-election-09-30-24/index.html

Biden says Trump is "lying" about federal response to Helene and plans to go to North Carolina on Wednesday From CNN's Nikki Carvajal President Joe Biden accused former President Donald Trump of “lying” about the federal response to Hurricane Helene and said he plans to visit North Carolina later this week. In a somewhat testy exchange with the press after he received a briefing on the Helene from officials, a reporter started to ask Biden about Trump’s baseless accusation that he and the federal government were going out of their way to avoid helping people in Republican areas.
    “He’s lying, and the governor told him he was lying,” Biden said, cutting off the question. “I don’t know why he does this.” He called the accusations “simply not true” and “irresponsible.” “I don’t know why he does this, and the reason I get so angry about – I don’t care about what he says about me, I care what he what he communicates to people that are in need,”
    Biden said. “He implies that we’re not doing everything possible. We are. We are.” Biden said he would visit North Carolina on Wednesday and hoped to visit Georgia and Florida “as soon as possible after that,” but he didn’t want to divert resources on the ground to a presidential visit. Biden, asked if the storm was the result of climate change, emphatically said the deadly storm was caused by it.
    “Absolutely, positively, unequivocally, yes, yes, yes, yes,” he said. The president was also asked about being in Delaware when the storm hit, to which he responded: “Come on, stop that game, will you?” “I was on the phone the whole time working on that,” Biden said. “And the resources, the question is not whether we get more… the question is, how to get it in? It’s hard to get it from point A to point B. It’s hard to get it so many roads are wiped out. Communities are wiped out. There’s no ability to land, there’s no ability to get trucks through. There’s no ability to get a whole range of things through.” “If I sound frustrated,” he added, “I am.”

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.