MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

kar takeover rumours, page-2

1. Ya
    6,809 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3829
    Haven't heard it yet. So not sure if thats a rumour or a fact!! If it is true, then we should probably hear it nxt month. But then on HC we've have seen many luminaries share their vision & theories in the past!!

Dont know the definition of an open register. I suppose, hire a high-flying broker. Noticed that on wed-thu-fri last week, the trading volume was ~120 million shares. This is unusually high by MEO's standards given their bad luck.

MEO have clearly mentioned that there r 12 Elephants in the dataroom, as of now. All of whom, have signed confidentiality agreements, so unless 1 was the fly on the wall, u wouldn't know. If one knows 'who-owns-what' in the North-West Shelf or Browse, then u'd b 90% right!!

For now, will have to wait for the official verdict in Week-3 of August. Its a straight-fwd farm-out procedure.

KAR have taught MEO a passive lesson, given that BG sulked off on the Aero-mags in Oct '05 & KAR went solo with their surveys/farmout's & took exactly 12 months b4 heralding Conoco in '06, as their current partner. MEO have taken the same steps. Many were hoping that Big Clive would take them under his wing, but looks like he's happy with the coal-iron sector & MEO have completed the 3D survey worth US$8 million on their own!! And now, its just a matter of finding the right partner.

Wouldn't it b a strange co-incidence if it turns out to b KAR!! I like this theory, even if its a baseless rumour, for now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.