KAR 0.53% $1.90 karoon energy ltd

Karoon Coming Milestones, page-42

1. 1,199 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3377

I'm not sure why people are expecting a dividend announcement with the Quarterly Report. Has the Company said as much?

Quarterly Reports are for announcing Production information.

Financial information is discussed at the H1FY24 Report, a month later in August. I would expect an announcement then.

Peter Botten has previously indicated future dividends are likely to be in the range of 20% to 40% of NPAT. The Company only has franking credits to issue a 4c fully franked dividend. Nobody wants unfranked dividends.

The appropriate capital return is in the form of a share buyback. This Company's SP is constantly b!tchslapped by the BEOT. A share buyback staged over a year with a specific limit will bbq shorters.

I was in NST when they similarly had their SP controlled by the BEOT. The SP more than doubled very quickly when the share buyback announced, worked in SHers favour.

I expect them to announce shareholders capital returns of 40% of NPAT but excluding the Who Dat JV profits. Those funds will be retained to self fund future exploration and development.

AIMO, of course.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.90
Change
0.010(0.53%)
Mkt cap ! $1.523B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.90 $1.91 $1.88 $8.431M 4.439M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 57900 $1.89

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.90 141847 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.