SBR 14.3% 1.6¢ sabre resources limited

kaskara a tsumeb lookalike, page-16

1. 8,315 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 180
    pennynut

i think the drilling is extremely isolated and difficult, when you in the back of nowhere up a remote valley and half way up a slope with no access road, then anything going wrong means days in delays.

i am not at all concerned on the drilling aspect, as i firmly hold the belief the points raised a short while ago are still valid, and the results so far reported by matthew painter are worthy of consideration

my view is that the kaskara find will deliver some very exciting news in the near term..

News

September 02, 2010

Sabres Hunt For A Tsumeb Lookalike At Kaskara Steps Up A Gear, As The Drill Rigs Finally Roll Onto Site

By Our Man in Oz

Its taken longer than management imagined it would, and longer than some shareholders could hold out for, but Sabre Resources has now started preparations for drilling at its highly promising Kaskara copper, lead, and zinc project in northern Namibia. Forty kilometres to the north lies Tsumeb, which, for nearly 100 years was one of the worlds largest copper mines.

And by Christmas Sabre should know whether it really is on the trail of a Tsumeb lookalike.

Or, to put it another way, if the drill-cores support the theory, then Sabre could be sitting on the trail of a mineralised elephant. The drilling might also answer one of Africas more interesting exploration questions, namely why the people who ran Tsumeb didnt take a closer look at Sabres ground just a short hop to the south?

If someone from Tsumeb had looked around Kaskara, he or she could hardly have missed the surface exposed sulphide-rich mineralisation, also known as gossans, which have in more recent times returned assays up to 23.5% copper, 35% lead, and 34.4% zinc. More importantly, if Kaskara had been given a proper going over, Tsumeb itself could have continued processing local ore rather than importing it from Bulgaria, which is whats happening today. Thats a truly strange turn of events, given that Tsumeb was once a mine containing 25 million tonnes of ore, and rich ore too. Hard to credit these days, but the
    grades at Tsumeb ran at 5.5% copper, 11.5% lead, 4% zinc, and 172 grams per tonne silver.

Surface samples, as everyone with an interest in mining knows, are a useful starting point for an exploration project. But thats about all. Drilling is whats required to discover what lies at depth, and until now Sabre has not been doing much drilling, even if it did get the stock market rather excited around this time last year. Back then Sabre was trading at A8 cents, a price which more than tripled after the company reported the discovery of a 400 metre line of high-grade copper, lead, and zinc outcrops. As well as the better known base metals the surface material at Kaskara also contained useful readings of germanium and gallium, tell-tale signatures of Tsumeb-style material.

good luck to all holders..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SBR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.6¢
Change
0.002(14.3%)
Mkt cap ! $6.287M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.4¢ 1.6¢ 1.4¢ $2.909K 190.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 74000 1.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.6¢ 50000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.25pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SBR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.