KMD 3.16% 46.0¢ kmd brands limited ordinary shares

Kathmandu - A recession winning stock

1. 676 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 281
    In my personal opinion, Kathmandu is set to be one of the few, major winning retailers from this global recession. Here are some simple reasons why I believe Kathmandu is one of the best buys in the market:
    1. During recessions, consumers trade down from higher end brands to practical, quality brands that represent value for money. Kathmandu's business model creates 'value shopping' events all year for customers. They are know for value and at this time, the retailers who deliver value will win.
    2. Kathmandu serves the big, middle market - families through to individuals - everyone.
    3. Kathmandu's business model is built on the loyalty of a massive database across Australia and New Zealand. They don't have to spend big bucks to activate their customers to spend. They send them emails. And their customers are regulars. This provides protection from the cold winds of recession when other retailers have to fight it out in the trenches on price alone via expensive advertising.
    4. Kathmandu has invested in Kathmandu branded clothing technology which means you can only buy their products from them. It makes them more recession proof than others. This makes them less exposed to consumers buying internationally.
    5. Kathmandu understands omnichannel retailing and has invested in their online webstore over years now. By purchasing Ripcurl they get to fully optimise this hard-working sales engine.6. Kathmandu exit lockdown in the best position - they are a retailer everyone shops at for winter gear.

Winter is their sweet spot. In my opinion, this is one of the best retailers across Australia and New Zealand with a bargain share price that we will not see again.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KMD (NZSX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.