Apart from all this looking a lot like a hit job and distraction...

1. 717 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    Apart from all this looking a lot like a hit job and distraction by uncles Rupert and Kerry, it is basically, right now, a matter of "he said, she said" (I think Mr Dutton is a noted expert on this type of thing). Unless Mr Shiraz can be persuaded to give evidence about the truth of the texts under oath, there's nothing that can be done. Maybe a Royal Commission into the whole sorry affair - going into the whole "who knew what when" from the very beginning. Maybe Senator Reynold's referral to the ICC should go ahead - with broad terms of reference that go back to prior to the 2019 election. Even then, I don't see justice being done for anyone given the stuff-ups, manipulation and leaking that has already gone on.

By the way, although I'm, broadly speaking, a Labor supporter, I do not support anyone misleading Parliament and believe that if the truth of the dates and statements supposedly covered in the texts can be proven, then Sen. Gallagher should step down or be sacked. I also believe that, if the leaks came from within Government, the courts or the AFP, the leaker should also face severe penalties as they have undermined the justice system (as a minimum). Why would anyone "help police with their enquiries" if anything they provide could be made public on a whim?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.