KCN 2.16% $1.36 kingsgate consolidated limited.

kcn in overseas markets, page-8

1. 3,353 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 135
    Congratulations everyone. Great analysis on this thread and guts to match given the past few months.

I was at the RIU conference in Sydney, which wasn't very well attended. Lots of professionals mind you - bankers, brokers, fund managers. Not many retail investors like me. Lots of big money mining men strutting their stuff, back-slapping and catching up with mates. Rowingboat wants to join the club :-))

I kept a close eye on the KCN booth. Despite the low attendance it was never vacant. Lots of gatherings, smiles and laughter throughout. Once I tried to crash the party by asking Stephen Promnitz when they expect the next coup to happen and what's the 40% Thai share dilution all about. And why the foray into Andean if Thailand's so great and you're surely lying about 1.1 g/t @ $300 cash cost, right?

Well, turns out their operating costs are absurdly low due to hydroelectric power sourced from Laos (northern border) with the line running straight through the mine and costing 6-7c per kW (contrast 30-35c for some WA miners). I was told employing locals and running a lean operation makes it indeed possible.

The share dilution would probably happen within the next 18 months. This is strategically smart. Despite the coups and political turmoil the bureaucrats involved tend to remain the same, wearing a different coloured shirt that's all. By giving greater ownership to Thais the chances of future disruptions to KCN operations should diminish.

With the cash from the Thai market listing, this gives them the means to 1) explore the wider tenements north of the "super pit" area which have great potential and 2) buy other gold producers, which Stephen thinks will continue to be under pressure due to ongoing credit market concerns.

I'm personally hoping for some kind of pull-back in the share price to double my position. Maybe "sell the news" will happen when the official announcement comes soon... I have my doubts though.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KCN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.36
Change
-0.030(2.16%)
Mkt cap ! $350.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.39 $1.40 $1.35 $148.4K 108.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 $1.36

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.37 5582 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.41am 22/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KCN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.