KCN 6.52% $1.47 kingsgate consolidated limited.

kcn smashed down again ... 9% today, page-7

1. 742 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Alecfra,

I understand forecast production for the year is circa 200-220koz. Production last quarter was 43koz..... Without looking at the presentation, suspect it was jan - jan numbers.

SiameseParrot,

You're right - I was looking in the wrong column. Total costs are circa $2200/oz. But over $1k/oz is deprecation and amortization. Do you have any sense WTF is up with that?

Anyways..... The point I want to make, is that gold has to be massively oversold at these prices... Everyone is UBER bleak. Sadness abounds. Now Kingsgate in particular might not have the finest assets on the market, but they're substantial and they're diversified. I do think the company is getting it particularly hard is because of it's debt, which is not (in my view) an existential risk. They can always stop the dividend.

I think a diversified portfolio in gold miners is THE contrarian play at the moment.... And when critical amounts of copper build up in LME and Shanghai, and the price per tonne drops to $5k, that's the time to do the rounds there too...

Next year will be better.

For the bold.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KCN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.