KCN 1.59% $1.55 kingsgate consolidated limited.

Kcn thoughts, page-59

1. 2,290 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2769
    I wouldn't say it is based purely on hopes.

The political government of the Thai military junta illegally appropriated Chatree on completely false pretenses that they have been unable to prove (and now have had substantial time to prove). It is a clear cut case of theft which has caused substantial damages to Kingsgate, it's employees and shareholders.

When you consider lost profits, wasted capex, continued care and maintenance costs, etc.

The Thai government would not be trying to mediate a settlement if they didn't know they were clearly in the wrong. I remember the military junta proclaiming back in the day "don't you dare sue us!" - LOL.

Access to the sludge and issuing exploration permits is another admission of guilt and from the Thai government's perspective, a step towards a mediated settlement.

However, Kingsgate holds all the cards here and will not settle for a subpar settlement that doesn't recompense the company for all damages experienced.

I'm very comfortable with my investment in Kingsgate based on the dynamics at play. At the very least, we can witness a doubling of the market cap or possibly much more. The Thai government knows it has to amicably resolve this matter if future investment into the country is to be guaranteed. Otherwise, they risk reducing their status to likes of the Philippines.

I wouldn't compare this to flying blind into a legal dispute and hoping for positive outcome.
    Last edited by VatreniHR: 01/01/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KCN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.55
Change
-0.025(1.59%)
Mkt cap ! $399.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.57 $1.58 $1.53 $965.6K 623.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2267 $1.55

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.55 15633 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KCN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.