I have low opinions of Keating. Yes he did impose massive...

1. 500 Posts.
    I have low opinions of Keating. Yes he did impose massive changes to Australia's economic make-up (none of them his ideas) and receives accolades and worship for this from none other than himself.

But in terms of Gallipoli, I have to agree with him. WW1 was a war that shouldn't have involved Britain, let alone Australia. It was a war that developed because of internal royal family feuds. It was not a war to stop an evil force or a war to save the salvation of mankind. As usual in great wars of history, WW1 was simply a chess game to the royals of Europe. You only have to observe Russia's withdrawl from the great war in 1917 straight after the revolution and the execution of Czar Nick 2.

In short, WW1 was a war we should not have been involved with. It should not even have occurred. But we should still commemorate the diggers that fought in the name of Australia even more so, because they all died in vein and for no worthful purpose, except as pieces in the Royal Family's family chess tournament.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.