keating on lateline, page-35

1. 17,444 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 57
    PJK was the best we ever had IMO.

At that stage I didn't even vote for his party but his intelligence was hard to ignore.

Time has proved both his thoughts and his actions.

Infallible, certainly not, but in my lifetime, he is the only one that had a non ideological view point that was also practical and unarguable.

Most saw him as arrogant as most brilliant people are, but sadly the masses want someone like them, someone who talks in simple terms and wants to have a beer at the local like Hawke.

PJK was a visionary while Howard and Rudd are just political clones, trapped in their time warps of views that permeated their upbringing, without a single individual idea.

I voted for Rudd's party, as the least worst alternative, but where is one individual radical idea?

His reaction to the current economic crisis shows not a hint of innovation. Instead he is following the prescribed method of current thought.

OK, so he thinks we can teach the world social capitalism. In other words he thinks because at this stage we seem a little better off everyone should emulate us.

If I were him I would wait 4 years or so when we have seen the worst (which we haven't) and then preach his ideology.

It will be as meaningless then as it is now but at least he would have something to back it up with.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.