It is clear that you do not understand my point because you use...

1. 10,134 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27429
    It is clear that you do not understand my point because you use the word ‘legitimate’.

Wars are not to be styled in normal moral or legal terms. They are not a game of cricket where bowling under arm was within the rules but not a legitimate way to play the game.

In Australia we do not believe in capital punishment because it is inhumane even to kill a serial child molester killer. Our Police are not authorised to kill offenders as their first response to a felony offence.

Wars on the other hand throw over all these accepted standards.

Forget whether the enemy is a soldier how is it legitimate for an Australian soldier to shoot that other soldier on sight based on how we normally value and protect human life.

If someone comes to you and says shoot me in the head you have my permission. You would not do it and if you did you would be arrested
    and charged. Consent is not a defence in our world.

Even if you think soldiers consent to being killed by being soldiers this is not our normal moral position.

Wars are about solving problems by killing other people. Logically if you approve of War then you you are prepared for everyone to be killed to solve the problem.

Wars solve problems by killing. Sounds barbaric and it is. What sane person would declare War knowing this about War. What sane person would be surprised when War leads to senseless killing.

FF.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.