SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Well said ,Cato. After watching the whole epic saga in the last...

1. 27 Posts.
    Well said ,Cato. After watching the whole epic saga in the last 2 weeks, and (bravely or foolishly) taking positions in the way downs and bounces to average down my holding, I have read a lot on HC, and occasionally put up some lines.
    Would not claim myself to be an expert on law, finance, business or trading, but have some practice in data science, so finding patterns is where my interests lie on.
    Last week, when the SP is on its way down, quiet a few short advocates were still very active, along with long camp supporters like mighty, cato, ..etc. I could not read too deep into the numbers to fully understand them, but what I found out is that the short camp gave less detail and accurate numbers to support their arguments, but instead focused on appealing directly to human's emotive aspect, such as fear and greed. Some examples of choices of words, "badly wounded", "bankrupt", "distrust", "bust", "huge risk", "79c is better than 40c", "your money"..... on the other hand, the long camp usually gave you numbers, logics, percentages, possible risks. As such, I tend to accept the long camp's argument. it may be bias due to my occupation, but also my life experiences shows that any stranger suddenly appealing to your emotive aspect, he/she either want to be your friend or take advantage of you. As there is no reason to believe that these people would want to be my friends, I think the latter is true.

I also concluded that the majority of the population have a much lower logic and numerical skills that traders in HC have. That's why all these "experts", brokers and institutions can put up such BS and get away with it. Most people would not appreciate lots of well written posts in HC, even they have a chance to come and visit here. So there will be similar sagas happening in ASX in future, some of you will make big money, but sadly that's not true for mum and dad "investors"

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.