YOW 0.00% 2.7¢ yowie group ltd

Keeping up to date with the legal cases

1. 209 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I'm starting this thread for those that want to follow the legal cases that Yowie are involved in.  First, here are some old threads with legal information:

Ann: Litigation Update - Yowie Prevails at Trial-YOW.AX
    Wrapping machine case

Now, for anyone who wants to read the actual court documents:

https://doris.clk.co.st-johns.fl.us/BenchmarkWeb/Home.aspx/Search

If you are lucky your IP address won't be blocked and you will be able to search by name or case number.  Yowie brings up a few cases and Whetstone brings up other cases where Hank is involved.  The Yowie case numbers are: CA16-0074 and CA16-1163.

A few days ago I requested to view some documents in each of Yowie's cases.  They are now visible on the system.  CA16-1163 Answer / Jurisdiction and Venue from the 5th of December is a good read.  It looks like Yowie's defence is based on the fact that they aren't using the patent and shouldn't pay royalties against it as was claimed in the complaint.  I haven't had a chance to study the answer against the complaint (which is only in my memory from having read it a few weeks back), but it would be worth comparing each numbered answer.  In any case I am not a lawyer and I don't have any time right now so I would be interested in what others glean from this when I return later today.

The document I requested to view on CA16-0074 was the motion to compel.  Unfortunately that one is still unavailable for viewing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add YOW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.193M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.7¢ 2.7¢ 2.5¢ $4.412K 169.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 107293 2.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.0¢ 196545 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.00pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
YOW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.