"And the results were amazing. Liberal ideology engendered the...

1. 3,012 Posts.
    "And the results were amazing. Liberal ideology engendered the Industrial Revolution and this Age of Liberalism lasted from around 1815 to 1914. At the end of this Age the 99% lived better than the 1% of times past."

You have to be kidding , I'm sure the people who lived in the victorian work houses didn't share you zeal for this golden age.
    The industrial revolution was a step to a better world but only the beginning as the treatment of the workers was no better than in feudal times and it was only through the sacrifice of the first collective of workers that we enjoy todays working conditions in the west and the spread of wealth into the community at large.

True capitalism can never work as it relies on the rise and fall of companies , the old companies grow stale die and whither and new companies with new ideas and leaders emerge. Society advances quickly due to this constant cleansing.Real wealth is created and spread.

Problem is the old money form near monopolies and stifle vision and creativety to maintain market dominance.
    If a new technology emerges they simply buy out the new company and will only develop the new technology if they see it increasing their own profits, if not they put it on a shelf and wait until they have to use it , some cases that could be never.

Not that I believe this has happened but it could eg a tyre that never wears out , inventor present it to tyre company they pay inventor millions for idea and then put it in a safe never to see the light of day.
    Mankind misses out on an idea that could benfit all because it would make a few people less rich and powerful.

That the problem with unrestricted capitalism it will result in the eventual concentration of wealth in the hands of a small few who will stifle world changing inventions , ideas and become quasi dictators.

Your scared of communists taking over the world , they tried and failed , these ultra capitalists actually have a shot at doing it and we all falling over ourselves to help them.

As for Easter Island maybe you version is a bit narrow and mine a bit simplistic , I found it best to talk in simple terms on here as complex ideas get little traction on this forum.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/people-places/The_Mystery_of_Easter_Island.html

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.