kerry o brien roasts rudd on 730 report, page-41

1. 3,972 Posts.

Malcolm Turnbull is the leader of climate change and the only one who was truly committed to the process. If climate change supporters want a hero it is he, not Rudd that deservces the kudos for trying.

Kerry O 'Brien needs a hair cut.

I do not recall having a petroleum boom, a GFC, in fact anything that resembles today when the petroleum tax was introduced in the 80's. So very different economic climate at the time, was actually bad. So cannot see the Grogan example as valid.

I do recall this type of mindset back then though. It was a different era. Labor policy was expected to introduce such taxes. Perhaps this is the issue we have, Labor have retreated back to a time when the government was only starting to think globally, when tariffs and protectionist policy where still firmly part of the economic landscape and nobody had heard the term globalisation.

I have been overwhelmed with sadness to see the traditional labor movement gradually become exinct in the years since. However it is a reality and new times call for new attitudes. Going back to the 80's is incorrect policy. Today it is all about global context, competition and becoming more efficient. It is not about insular economics anymore.

There must have been a more intelligent way to harvest broader benefit form the mining boom that is relevant to today and not the 80's.

Rudd's anger and stubborn stance will win him NO votes.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.