Hey W3, old thread but maybe you're still interested. I've been...

1. 22,391 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1371
    Hey W3, old thread but maybe you're still interested.

I've been eating keto for 3 years now, never felt better. I didn't really need to lose weight but I had noticed I was starting to gain a bit and wanted to stop it before it became a problem. So after a bit of research I decided keto sounded like a good way of eating

I had a full set of blood tests done before I began which were all normal except my cholesterol was slightly high. I've had annual blood tests done since and the only change has been my good cholesterol has increased and my bad cholesterol had decreased and now well within the normal range. My doctor is happy

I get a lot less inflammation eating this way so old injuries cause less pain now, I have better energy levels, I sleep better(said as I write this at 4am lol), really I just can't see myself going back to eating carbs.

Diet wise, i eat once a day generally which is pretty normal for keto as the high fat satiates hunger and I just don't need to eat more than that most days but I eat to hunger, so if i feel hungry, i eat. Bacon is a staple, I eat it every day ... eggs, steak, cheese, cream and very minimal fruit or vegetables, basically one tomato a day is all the vegetable/fruit I eat and very occasionally a bowl of strawberries with cream.

Diet Doctor is a great source of info and recipes, there keto bread rolls are good https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/the-keto-bread I often cut a couple in half, a slice of tomato, a thick slick of ham and a big chunk of cheese on top and toast under the grill for a nice, fast and easy meal. The rolls freeze well.

I never used to believe the whole "sugar is evil" thing but I'm a convert, carbs just aren't the bodies friend and feeding your body on fats is a much better option - you'll never get type 2 diabetes eating keto, indeed many people have reversed type 2 diabetes using the diet(i don't really like calling it a diet, it's a way of eating to me)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.