kew, page-52

1. 7,890 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 251
    And in 1968 after a few drinks at the Greyhound (North Kew F.C used to drink there) I was on my way home and doing a right turn into Studley Park Rd (then 100 yards from Daniel Mannix's home) when a tram whacked from behind and shunted me right into the then front door of the Clifton.(now plastered up) I was trapped in my '66 Beetle and couldn't get out. An old godger came out of the bar...took one look at me and came back from the bar with a BIG whisky which I downed. Being before breath tests and .05 it was up to the coppers to decide if you were drunk or not. So after the medicos came and the tow truck pulled me out the coppers said ...you're pissed......And the old bloke chipped in with ..."No I've been givin' him toddies to keep him goin'" Fair enough they said...and I retired to the bar of the Clifton to restore my health and to reward the old guy. The Beetle was repaired and I was one of the few to get a payout from the MMTB. So there you go!!!! I do not drink and drive anymore!!!!Always have preferred drinking to driving anyway.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.