HIO 3.13% 3.1¢ hawsons iron ltd

Very interested in your and Jonnyb's discussion about power...

1. 1,449 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 348
    Very interested in your and Jonnyb's discussion about power generation. Can only say thanks to you both for an informative and thought provoking discussion.

I don't pretend to be an expert on this discussion at all but since learning about the possibilities of hydrogen powering steel production I've been doing a little research on this energy source, which led me to my latest investment in a hydrogen company, who I believe is further advanced to Twiggy's. There is a private company called H2X. They are taking the chasis of a Ford Ranger and kitting it out with an electric engine - powered by a hydrogen fuel cell. They are calling this ute the Warrego, and its about to hit production. They are also doing the same with trucks and busses. Hydrogen replaces the batteries and is currently about the equivelant cost of diesel. If the hydrogen produced is green hydrogen, then obviously it's much cleaner than diesel. Maybe Hawson's might be considering hydrogen dump trucks for their fleet.

I've also been an advocate of Nuclear power, but I'm starting to think that hydrogen might rise up and surpass the need for it. Another private company, Synergen, have a green way of extracting hydrogen from gas. Carbon; in the form of graphite, carbon nanotubes and perhaps graphene are byproducts. The technology surounding hydrogen is advancing in leaps and bounds and if the Gov decide to invest more cash in R&D on this energy source, it wouldn't surprise me to see power stations using hydrogen as their energy source. I'm sure that if/when hydrogen hits mass production, it's price will become much less than diesel and it won't be subject to the price fluctuations that fossil fuels are.

A massive 2 billion dollar + hydrogen project in Port Bonython - near Whyalla - will give the whole industry a boost. Might even have Gupta thinking about high-grade ore and electric arc furnaces. The federal and state Gov's have also mentioned possible investment in green steel, which might augur well for HIO. I also believe that no matter what dynamics are affecting Hawsons at the moment - IO prices etc. -, if they can get the BFS up and funding for constuction, the environment they will be working in, from both a mining and sales point of view, will be vastly different from what it is now - "when" they go into production.

Good luck and keep up the great debates

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HIO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.1¢
Change
-0.001(3.13%)
Mkt cap ! $30.33M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.1¢ 3.2¢ 3.1¢ $15.16K 484.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 767681 3.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.2¢ 645814 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
3.1¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
3.1¢ 3.2¢ 3.1¢ 912181
Last updated 15.59pm 08/05/2024 ?
HIO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.