MCO 0.00% 11.0¢ morning star gold n.l.

key mineral indicators of gold on website

1. 6,760 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 285
    as GoldBars pointed out today there are new photos of the mine & also rocks on the website; including blast-rock being bought to surface.

check out : photo gallery : then get a close-up on "ore with headframe" photo.

do you notice the quartz & also the yellow stuff. well the yellow stuff is one indicator for high grade gold at MS mine apparently. also note the sparkling silver flinty stuff. that is pyrite (woods point fool's gold !!!). again, a very good indicator mineral that the MCO geo's look for.

now check out the Waverley pic "waverley core 2008". note the green stuff in the drillcore. that is fuchrite. again, a key mineral indicator for MCO. at the lower end of the core, above the fuchrite, you can see one small circle of visible gold. that is spelt : GOLD : in my book on rocks. all the flinty sparkly silver stuff is pyrite i.e.fools gold - an indicator.

in the past the co. has mentioned 3 'key mineral indicators' as being chrome-mica, ankerite & sulphide distribution (2005 annual report : page 7 under significant discoveries...)....out of interest....it goes on to say "several laminated quartz stockworks & breccia zones carrying key indicator minerals & galena...".

also, in the jorc report (30 july 2008 : page 6) it says....Many of these have all the key mineralogical and structural indicators of the historical major production zones, and therefore present significant exploration targets...........(then on page 10) : This work has substantiated the use of diamond drilling as an integral tool for identifying vein orientation and key indicator minerals.
    (page 11) : These zones carry the key mineralogical indicator sulphide-carbonate-sericite assemblage, which has been observed in the main production reefs.......

so there you have it folks. the key mineral indicators are present in both the Maxwell reef & the waverley dyke rocks. and the key mineral indicators historically means commercial grade deposits.

(disclaimer : i aint no geo so we will have to rely upon others for further input)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MCO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.