OBM 8.97% 42.5¢ ora banda mining ltd

Dear Paddingtonunderstand and respect your personal...

1. 1,605 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1033
    Dear Paddington
    understand and respect your personal experience/views from 13 months ago.
    it was certainly a serious mess then
    I feel across most of the past project issues … going right back to the Monarch (Michael Kiernan) and Mike Fotius days and then into the most recent developments.
    Mike Fotius is a well respected geologist, but that doesn’t mean he is automatically going to be a great mine developer/manager.
    You must agree that any good orebody can be ruined by a chain of poor mining management practises or circumstances, starting with surveying, drill n blast, and then mining (where grade dilution may become an issue).
    then ore goes into a newly refurbished hungry plant …

Having worked on site, you would/should have been well aware about the start up ore feed design issues with oversize, the water quality situation on recoveries, the LNG power station trip offs, the inefficient course gold circuit etc etc
    The required engineering changes have taken time
    The drill and blast contractor was changed.
    Stable, adequate experienced staffing was also an issue, especially hiring in a tight market into an under performing asset in a covid environment
    I believe the operation started to turn the corner when Andy took over the reins and very pleased to see his excellent contribution recognised and he has been well incentivised to stay.

fully understand your sceptical line of sight from a year ago, but numerous positive changes have been made.
    June quarterly (next 2 weeks) may show things are starting to look a bit brighter.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OBM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
42.5¢
Change
0.035(8.97%)
Mkt cap ! $789.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
40.5¢ 43.8¢ 40.5¢ $4.676M 11.16M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 25555 42.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
42.5¢ 109998 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OBM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.