JBH 0.52% $65.26 jb hi-fi limited

key risk for jbh, page-28

1. 1,158 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 593
    Hi Orlando,

I understand what your saying and I think we think the same thing. We are both saying that there is more to a company that just ROE. I think using ROIC as just one metric in the evaluation of a company is important. As you rightfully mention margins, free cashflow and balance sheet strength are all very important factors. JB scores very highly on all these measures. However, I do think that trying to put too many things into an equation of ROE is not for everyone :)

I think the reason JBs share price is low is people are questioning whether the persistently high Australian dollar will cause a structural change in our economy, or whether this is just a cyclical downturn. This is very hard to assess accurately at this stage in time. Tourism operators have already felt the punch. Retailers are feeling it now. Adaptations are being made- local retailers are creating online stores, tax changes are being mooted, margins are being cut/heavy discounting. JB is the best place to be in retail- as the last man standing in this environment- just about every other retailer in Australia (except maybe the reject shop) would be hit harder first, and I can't envisage a future without an electronic retailer.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add JBH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$65.26
Change
-0.340(0.52%)
Mkt cap ! $7.135B
Open High Low Value Volume
$66.03 $66.09 $64.62 $30.73M 471.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 7625 $65.20

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$65.48 343 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
JBH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.