MNS 0.00% 4.2¢ magnis energy technologies ltd

Key Success Factors for a Good Project, page-36

1. 9,236 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    "Just because it costs thousands of dollars to purify a tonne of graphite from the Alabama Graphite deposit, does not mean that the same thing is true for everybody else"

I do believe we have been over this a number of times, but just to clarify again for you, as you seem not to understand - it doesn't cost Alabama "thousands of dollars to purify a tonne of graphite".

Alabama's cost to produce purified CSPG via their non acid process, is according to AGC's PEA, US$1,555 per tonne.

AGC's quoted cost (using a non acid process), if correct, would appear to be lower than those quoted by SYR (who are using the acid process).

You are again confusing AGC's cost with what they "claim" is the acid leach method costs, including waste disposal - mentioned in the Gareth Hatch article - i.e.......

"While the cost of the acids used in the acid-leach process are relatively cheap (USD 300-350 / t of graphite purified), such costs do not take into account the cost of the treatment of the waste streams that would be required of any processing plant located in a Western jurisdiction, which according to AGC may be as high as USD 5-7k / t of graphite treated, using reverse osmosis."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.