KDR 0.00% $1.90 kidman resources limited

Well that is young to me anyway You say you are new to...

1. 11,723 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 575
    Well that is young to me anyway smile.png You say you are new to investing, some of us like to help.

I have no idea what will happen with KDR, suffice to say at worse you will have $1.90 but that is not the only win (forget what you paid, shares don't work that way) what you sometimes get is what I call out of cycle cash and it can be very powerful in the longer term, this is exactly what you have here with KDR, obviously you cannot dilly-dally with that cash, but I guess you follow that. In short it can buy a great deal more of that "thing" you were in so to speak, be it rice or gold.

I have been on the markets for a long time, in the slim chance that you really are prepared to learn and I say that with all due respect because many have no time to work learning. You cannot afford to become enamoured in the ups and downs of any single share, regardless of how great you think it is. Anyway here is something I told someone a tad younger than you, more in the hope that a fishing rod rather than a fish, no matter how fat would serve them over a longer period.

Start with a watch list say 30 to 40 stocks, get a cross section of the market. Say 5 blocks of six stocks, those 5 blocks roughly 5 different categories, say Financials, Mining, Industrial, Energy, Health Care & Materials or Information Tech.Really does not matter too much which is which, but within those general blocks have a mix, large cap, mid cap and your tiddlers etc.

Don’t dwell too much on them just pick what you like to start with, in 6 or 12 months that mix will have changed as you learn.OK so you have these stocks, now make it your job to follow each one, not glance at, but follow daily.

Make the ASX announcements page your go-to, read every single announcement on your 40 odd stocks never missing a single one and fully reading to understand the content. Have a 12 months chart of each and keep it updated, watch the charts, it’s not rocket science anyone should be able to look at a chart and be ahead of those that don’t, the human ability with graphics is very good, use it.

Follow your watch list stocks on the forum, HC is the only serious forum, read more than you type, read it all, you will figure out the out-and-out plonkers, get them on ignore early, these places are just full of your average folks, you are not going to rock up to any guy in the coffee shop and expect solid advice.

So spend time assessing posters, use common sense, if you want to debate go to a debate site, use this place to gain knowledge.But, if by some chance you don’t want to do this sort of work, because it is work and you have to be a bit dedicated and diciplined, if you don’t want to do all this stuff but still want to make easy money, go someplace else because contrary to what some may tell you, this is no dart throwing exercise.

Good luck.

Cheers
    Phil.

We do not provide advice, this is AIMHO and as always DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.