"I think that's because society has lost its soul. Children will...

1. 572 Posts.
    "I think that's because society has lost its soul. Children will always be the greatest joy only problem is parents keep acting like they are 16 and expect to party forever."

Baron, agree entirely.

I first noticed this in Perth when I was moved there by my employer. I guess I noticed it in Perth because it is so much smaller than Sydney.

I found after a while that I was picking up my children and their mates and dropping them off on Saturday nights to empty homes. After a while I asked my son why the homes were always empty, he told me that the parents were out partying and that it happens every Saturday night. Many of the parents were either divorced, soon to be divorced or were having a mid life crisis. Many of the kids started getting stoned (14-15 year olds) and the parents did not see them when they got home so they got away with it.

Cut a long story short - I got the hell out of there (Perth) and my son finished in the HSC honors list and his old mates are surfing, working at Woolies and continuing the same behaviour.

You need to keep your children close these days!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.