kids dont make you happy, page-63

1. 10,466 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 440
    Hi catlover, it is always my pleasure to say hello. My wife was 50/50, okay maybe 60/40…lol. Not against but certainly not for. Although she is a good country girl so she understands. And my ears have stopped bleeding so it all worked out….LOL.

The issue for me was they were market gardners working 16 hours a day 7 days a week. They could only afford one child and that was tough. Now they did very well in latter years but hard to start from nothing.

So I used to sometimes be the first at school at 5.30 AM and would wait up to 2 AM the next moring for them to get home sometimes. Not always but during the summer when crops where coming in. So sadly Mum missed out on a lot. BTW kids do understand people just don't realise.

They sadly had no other choice or we would have starved. Plus being the old fashion Europeans they do everything for their kids. Never spent a cent saved it all to pass it on. So the least I could do in return is look after them in their twilight so to speak.

Funny thing is whether kids are 3 or 14 they know when parents love them and are doing what they can for them. In fact I knew how much it hurt them not being able to be around as much. Hence we are a tight family sort of like the old extended families.

And lets face it, if something happened to Dad, Mum hasn’t go far to go, she only has to move in next door…LOL. Saves on all that expensive petrol. P.S. and Zen no I do it out of love not obligation hehehe. Great thread BTW, happy mothers day to all mums.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.