kids dont make you happy, page-64

1. 10,466 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 440
    "You need to keep your children close these days!"

Aussie2Aussie well said mate!!! I am 36 so not quiet ancient yet but getting there but even I can remember going to mate's houses and noticing their mums and dads where never there. I used to ask "are they at work?" and used to get told "no they are off with their friends".

I used to be shocked as we were all young teenagers and they were left at home alone. And not because they had to work they were off partying. Suffice to say I tossed most of my mates as they all decided sitting around getting stoned and getting drunk all day was the best thing in life. I was too busy at Uni.

Plus thank God I had never been near drugs and was never going to start. Note I am not knocking the odd beer here just don't think being 18 means you have to get legless every weekend or worse. BTW the funny thing is I bumped into them one day with my then soon to be wife.

Now I was a big fella none to pretty but I must admit my wife was gorgeous. Raised the way I was. Anyway she was one of those country girls that really could be argued were a 10/10. My friends were shocked they thought I wasn't cool as wouldn't do what they did.

I remember one asked me "how did you find her?" I replied "because I am not a loser". They are all still unmarried failed out of Uni and basically live off the charity of their parents or work at Woolies. Just goes to show what a difference good parents make.

P.S. I live in Perth…LOL.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.