Kids in lakemba, page-7

1. 17,245 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 413
    Why is it a joke Nickyjames?? I spent many years working in the entertainment industry and no one knows better than I do that image is everything. The Islam-a-phobs have used negative imagery over and over again on HC as evidence of their claim that all Islam is evil and all the other Islam-a-phobs lap it up as confirmation of their own beliefs.......but the minute I post a positive image that does NOT align with your preconceived ideas you go into orbit.

I had an idea that would prove my point but I don't know if I could be bothered making the effort. What if I gathered up off the net images of a whole lot of smiling happy muslims with lots of children that had faces like cherubs and interlaced these images with a whole lot of the lovey feel good verses from the Quran (yes, they are in there) and set it all to a happy tune like, I don't know, say "Accidentally Kelly Street".....and then what if I gathered up a whole lot of photos of angry protesting Muslims burning flags of western nations and overturning cars and wrecking property and waving the ISIS flags and with a few violent ISIS executions and interlaced it with the more violent passages from the Quran and a few quotes from extremist Imams and set it all to a very dark death metal tune. I could tell the story of Islam from two totally opposing perspectives and and I could make both presentations compelling. But both would be propaganda because neither would be real life. Muslims are just like us. They are all capable of great good and great evil. Like us some let their dark side take over. Maybe we should have the discussion about how the African Americans were treated by English speaking white Anglo Saxons before and during the civil rights movement. Not all whites were evil but many whites did some terrible things. That really wasn't that long ago in the scheme of human history. But that might be a little too uncomfortable for us being the English speaking white Anglo Saxons that we are.

Pot and kettle, Nicky James.
    Last edited by NineLives: 30/10/14

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.