GNX 0.00% 27.0¢ genex power limited

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but KS has been offline...

1. 4,191 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 785
    I don't know if anyone else has noticed but KS has been offline for several weeks. I contacted Genex, and they said that there was an issue with the inverters that transfer power to the grid. The issue was not a breakdown, rather an issue where the inverter was not responding to certain situations in the way that AEMO requires. The problem was referred to the manufacturer in Germany (SMA), and in the meantime KS1 has been offline.

I notice today that there was a brief spike of generation a couple of hours ago, so hopefully all will be resolved soon and KS1 will be back to normal.

One would have thought that this was a material issue that had financial implications and should have been announced to the ASX, but Genex were clear that the outage was covered under the product warranty and that all financial losses due to the outage would be covered by the contractor (UGL) and their insurance, as has been the case before (in the 2018-9 accounts there is an "Other Income" line item for $4.8 million described as "Includes liquidated damages from UGL (KS1 Project)").

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
27.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $373.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
27.0¢ 27.3¢ 27.0¢ $263.9K 977.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 11173627 27.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
27.5¢ 5037239 38
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GNX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.