ETM 5.00% 2.1¢ energy transition minerals ltd

Chairman showdown in Siumut: Kielsen wants a uranium voteThe...

1. nro
    9,923 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3837
    Chairman showdown in Siumut: Kielsen wants a uranium voteThe former chairman of Siumut and Naalakkersuisut believes that it is going too slowly with alternative sources of income. He will guarantee that the country's raw materials policy does not falter.Kim Kielsen, who is running for chairman of the Siumut party, wants a referendum on uranium. He will raise the issue during the party's national meeting at the end of July.Jensine BerthelsenJENSINE BERTHELSENFriday, 21 July 2023 - 07:48Chairman candidate for the country's second largest party, Siumut, Kim Kielsen believes that in his period as chairman of the party and for Naalakkersuisut he has shown clear results in relation to stabilizing the country's economy.He fears that the country is on the path to recession if Siumut continues to make too many concessions in relation to the raw materials policy.- There are people who conclude that the last election for Inatsisartut in 2021 means that the population should not be consulted on the uranium issue. But I do not agree with that conclusion. In such an important matter, I have no doubt today that the population should be consulted and then we will move on from there, points out Kim Kielsen to Sermitsiaq.AG.ALSO READ:Uranium ban voted through with a slim majorityKielsen refers to Inatsisartut's treatment of the uranium ban, where only IA and Naleraq voted for it. He believes that Siumut should maintain its uranium policy and develop it from there. He fears that Siumut, by not being clear on the matter, risks being swallowed up by the coalition's mineral policy, which is not the party's own policy.The country's credibility suffersKielsen will raise the issue during the party's national meeting. He believes that the current development is very unfortunate for Greenlandic society's efforts to make the mining industry one of the supporting business pillars.- Look at that chair here. Imagine that the Greenlandic population is gathered on the chair, but the chair only has one leg - fishing. We cannot, without asking the population, force them to sit on the chair and expect it to last. That is why I want to ask the population. The time is also ripe for it, with all the knowledge we have about how important it is for the planet to invest in renewable energy, Kielsen points out and continues:- It is not enough that we sit on a one-legged chair, we also stretch our legs for ourselves, and the world community bears witness to this. For example, I am absolutely certain that the latest developments in Kuannersuit affect the country's credibility and reputation, especially in the mining industry, says Kielsen.The population must stand behind the first policyKielsen is worried about what will happen in the future if the raw materials policy is constantly changed depending on who is in power. He therefore believes that it is necessary for the population to vote on what policy should be pursued in the area.The party Siumut has itself been at the forefront of the abolition of zero tolerance during the autumn assembly 2013 (item 106). No referendum was held prior to the adoption.ALSO READ:The zero tolerance towards uranium has been liftedKielsen points out that the technological development as well as the major challenges with man-made pollution have shown that precisely the abolition of zero tolerance was the right decision. But he believes that the population must be heard and he will guarantee that.- We must and must have a credible raw materials policy, for that we need to hear the voice of the population, concludes Kielsen
    https://sermitsiaq.ag/formandsopgoer-i-siumutkielsen-uranafstemning

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ETM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.1¢
Change
0.001(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $29.58M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.2¢ 2.2¢ 2.1¢ $8.365K 380.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 436371 2.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.2¢ 1363 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.52pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ETM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.