KIN 1.49% 6.6¢ kin mining nl

The previous commenters have not missed much at all in the risks...

1. 112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 36
    The previous commenters have not missed much at all in the risks going forward and as Nowhere Man states most of them are covered in the DFS.

Management execution is the difference between a successful project and a disaster. The team at Kin have good pedigrees, good form at last starts and even a good barrier draw so come along ladies and gentleman and place you bets right away.

There are two things though that are outside the control of management, fuel cost and rain.
    Mining is a very fuel intensive game. Just generating the electricity to run the crushing and milling circuits consumes a lot of diesel. Add to that the thousands of litres a day needed to mine and haul the ore and the waste and we have a serious fuel bill. That could increase with world geopolitical events outside anyones control. We have to be aware of it and add it into our SWOT analysis. My view is that any increase in fuel costs caused by the above will also be reflected in an increase in gold price.

The locals in Leo all talk about cyclone Bobby when it hit in 1995. 280 mms of rain in four days feb 95 which might not seem like a lot, however the long term average is 217 mms per year. The problem that comes with rain like that is everything stops as the ground turn to slop. Even this year a drilling rig at Lewis was apparently stuck for several weeks after a rain event. Little can be done to mitigate against such events apart from the obvious like roading design, bunding around pits and plant etc. however it remains a possibility and must be included in any SWOT analysis you may do.

My own position is to hold on for the ride and when finances have permitted I have been adding to my holdings. The super fund will look very attractive come this time next year. The wife may even start talking to me again.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KIN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.6¢
Change
-0.001(1.49%)
Mkt cap ! $77.75M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.7¢ 6.7¢ 6.6¢ $33.30K 503.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 25000 6.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.8¢ 408000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.14pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
6.6¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 2.94 %)
Open High Low Volume
6.6¢ 6.7¢ 6.6¢ 68700
Last updated 12.49pm 03/05/2024 ?
KIN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.