Ok so I could not resist.I purchased a Fotar 10+ filter that...

1. 17,117 Posts.
    Ok so I could not resist.I purchased a Fotar 10+ filter that screws onto the EOS for $89 at Camera House.) I have been very happy with it. I did a lot of testing with my existing Canon EOS 400D with the standard 18-55mm lense, with some stunning results. I did this exercise after talking to Camera house and they had suggested a Macro lense from $1500-$2500. They gave me a brochure with examples of what I could achieve. Well as it turned out I could achieve better results with out spending a cent. In the meantime I have recently purchased a Nikon D5200 purely for the larger printing ability with its 24 MP, compared to the limitations of the 10MP with the Canon. ie I can now have my photos printed at 150 x 100 cm.
    I purchased the Nikon from Kogan online, with 2 lenses for $700 plus $43 freight. I was disappointed as they promised delivery in 3-7 days, but by day 12 I still had no confirmation of tracking or EDT. took 17 days. It was $200 cheaper than the retail shops here. In hindsight I would call their Melb store in future and try to get one from there, with next day delivery. I will add photos later, cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.