Hi, and thanks to some old friends. It was a random act that...

1. 17,117 Posts.
    Hi, and thanks to some old friends. It was a random act that brought me back to HC yesterday. I was doing a google search and my name came up, so I popped in to have a look.

I admit I was surprised to see a post directed to me, after all this time.
    Anyway I have been trying to adapt to my different life, did nothing for almost 2 years, then decided I have to make an effort.
    Been spending time with the camera, but limit myself to what I can find and photograph around the house. Almost zero insects for the Macro photography in my garden, most likely due to my feeding the birds, who feed on the insects.

I am not happy or thrilled with my photos, except the purple one. I was led to believe the rumours that Canon was bringing out a new bigger 36 MP camera, but that did not happen. I am not happy with the Nikon, and it has far too many menu options compared to my old Canon. But if I spend the time getting to know it, it should provide some diversion as an alternative time wasting exercise. It does give better quality closer shots versus the Canon.

I need to find a Fotar screw on filter to suit the Nikon for comparative purposes. I called Camera House last week but am still waiting for a reply. In the meantime I hand held the Canon macro filter in front of the Nikon lense, and was mildly pleased with the results. I had considered putting tape to hold it as a temp measure.

My photos are very amateurish when compared to the experienced photographers with full frame cameras, or bigger better equipment. I do not feel I can justify the cost for a hobby, passing interest.

There are several Facebook Groups (groups with interests in so many different subjects today which is great) with focus on photography. I joined one recently, but they appear to be typical high brow, you know, you must do things a certain way etc. I find some of their stuff rather boring as a photo or something I might hang on a wall.

In the meantime I allowed some of my work to lapse, then suddenly find myself having to catch up. I am working on a mongrel of a job ATM, then had some PC issues last week that delayed me further.
    I got away from my former work ethic, and am finding it hard to get motivated again.
    Here is a shot with the hand held macro filter in front of the Nikon.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.