"But you miss somehing"Actually, I missed nothing, it appears...

1. 24,782 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    "But you miss somehing"

Actually, I missed nothing, it appears that you have missed something with your quote.

Are you saying the following words of Jesus, are in contradiction to 1 Tim 3:16, meaning God's inspired words, credibility are on the line?
    Wotsup to zbusc -> " You say Jesus is God, despite his clear words in John 17:3 saying, independently of himself, that the Father was the only true God when he was here, which matches his quote from the OT -> Hear, Israel: Yehowah our God is ONE Yehowah."

As the above is true, shouldn't that make you question and search the 1 Tim translation that you posted ???

That's a very creative translation, which in NO WAY is truthful, so I'll quote the Interlinear, of which many Bibles pretty much say the same thing.

1 Tim 3:16 - And confessedly, great is the godliness mystery: Which (that, this, who) was revealed in flesh, declared righteous in Spirit, seen by angels, was proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.

"godliness mystery" is what was revealed in flesh.

Godliness -> the quality of being devoutly religious; piety.

That certainly captures the 2nd Adam Man Jesus, dedicated to doing the God and Fathers will, works.
    John 17:4 - I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

"Which" -> you will notice I have included all the definition options, of the Greek word, and as it was the godliness mystery revealed in the flesh, to use the word "who" here, would simply make no sense as we are talking about a thing, quality -> godliness mystery.
    Once we see the word "flesh", we now for the first time have an identification of who is being spoken of, from others scriptures and the messages following the word "flesh" are directly relating to him.

Do you see how careless errors can lead us astray, it is our duty to be on our toes, and be alert and watch out for them, as unfortunately, they do exist across a lot of Bibles.
    --------------
    John 17:17 - Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.