DEG 4.59% $1.14 de grey mining limited

Taylor Mine and Intersects New High-Grade Gold Zone 6:00 am ET...

1. 209 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 101
    Taylor Mine and Intersects New High-Grade Gold Zone

6:00 am ET December 18, 2017 (Globe Newswire) Print
    -- New gold zone intersected 350 metres ("m") below existing mining and known mineralization in West Porphyry Deposit
    -- Key intercepts: 46.7 g/t Au over 9.6 m, including 68.3 g/t Au over 6.0 m, 89.2 g/t over 1.0 m and 104.2 g/t over 1.0 m, with numerous visible-gold stringers
    -- Underground drilling between the West Porphyry Deposit and the Shaft Deposit continues to intersect high-grade mineralization near existing infrastructure
    -- Key intercepts: 43.8 g/t Au over 3.8 m, including 47.9 g/t Au over 1.3 m and 69.3 g/t Au over 1.5 m
    -- Drilling up dip of 1004 Zone highlights potential for near-term Mineral Resource growth near existing infrastructure
    -- Key intercepts: 36.5 g/t Au over 1.5 m, 14.4 g/t over 2.3 m
    -- Surface drilling east of Shaft Deposit continues to intersect gold-bearing quartz veins
    -- Key intercepts: 8.6 g/t Au over 5.7 m, 22.7 g/t Au over 1.5, 25.0 g/t Au over 1.5 m
    -- Surface drilling intersects high-grade gold-bearing quartz veins with visible gold up to 700 m below West Porphyry Deposit
    -- Key intercepts: 15.8 g/t Au over 2.0 m.
    Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd. ("Kirkland Lake Gold" or the "Company") (TSX:KL) (NYSE:KL) (ASX:KLA) is pleased to report new exploration drill results from surface and underground drilling at the Taylor Mine ("Taylor") in Northeast Ontario, and situated along the prolific Porcupine Destor Fault (the "PDF"). Recent drilling occurred along the hanging wall of the PDF, where high-grade gold mineralization has been intersected up to 1.8 km east of the Taylor Shaft Deposit; at a prospective target area situated to the west of the Shaft Deposit and east of the West Porphyry Deposit; at depth below both the East Porphyry and West Porphyry deposits; and up dip of the 1004 Zone of the West Porphyry Deposit. The new drill results include 17 surface drill holes for 9,540 m, bringing total surface drilling reported in 2017 to 60 holes totaling 32,060 m. Underground drill results reported today include 16 holes for 3,309 m, bringing total underground drilling for 2017 to 47 holes covering 12,381 m.
    Tony Makuch, President and CEO of Kirkland Lake Gold commented: "Today's results further increase our confidence in the expansion potential and high-grade nature of the Taylor deposits, and support our ability to meaningfully grow Mineral Resources and Mining Reserves at Taylor Mine, through both increased tonnes and higher grades. These latest exploration results include high-grade intersections near existing infrastructure to the west of the Shaft Deposit and up dip of the West Porphyry Deposit. In addition, the results highlight the substantial exploration potential that exists to extend the West Porphyry Deposit to depth, with underground drilling intersecting a new, high-grade zone 350 m below existing mining and surface drilling intersecting high-grade gold mineralization up to 700 m below the existing Mineral Resource. If confirmed through infill drilling, these results will represent a major extension of the West Porphyry Deposit. We also continue to achieve encouraging exploration results east of the Shaft Deposit along the PDF, with new results including high-grade intersections up to a kilometer away from the mine. Our exploration program at Taylor is continuing with three surface drills and one underground drill in operation."
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.14
Change
0.050(4.59%)
Mkt cap ! $2.732B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.12 $1.15 $1.10 $13.39M 11.83M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 380096 $1.14

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.15 204419 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.