BTR 6.25% 1.7¢ brightstar resources limited

kitumba scoping study - diasppointing

1. 675 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6

I don't understand how the company could have produced a higher confidence level "Indicated" resources which are sufficient under JORC to produce Probable Reserves. However in past posts I have mentioned that there wasn't a proper geological model that has been produced and questioned how the company could produce "Indicated" resources. In today's annoucement it supports my initial concerns. Questions that should be directed to the company is that should the earlier resources be classified as "Inferred" rather than "Indicated" - my belief is that it should.

Now this just released study is just a scoping study. There will need to be a very detailed study with further drilling and time - perhaps 12 months etc for all this work to take place, plus the permitting. I would suggest a budget of around $30 million - perhaps $40 million?

It doesn't mention in the ASX release on when this Feasilbilty Study and the cost - the company should have provided this?

From today's annoucement -
    Risks and Opportunities
    The Project is currently at a scoping study stage of planning, with further work required to
    confirm the assumptions and optimise the development strategy.
    Given the high level nature of a scoping study, there are a number of risks which need to
    be mitigated through further work. For example, the geological model is based on a grade
    interpolation approach with limited geological constraints. Importantly, further metallurgical
    test work is required to advance mineral processing design and support the recovery
    estimates and costs to deliver the product to market.
    The Study is conceptual in nature and includes Mineral Resources in both the Indicated
    and Inferred categories. There is no certainty that the outcomes of the Study will be
    realised.
    The Company will address a range of issues including those listed above as part of future
    more detailed mine design, planning and pre-feasibility work.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.7¢
Change
0.001(6.25%)
Mkt cap ! $77.69M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.6¢ 1.7¢ 1.6¢ $60.43K 3.741M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
35 8908898 1.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.7¢ 3878393 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.