Kiwi Kawi, page-16

1. 13,444 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 160
    I would be a bit cautious with Kawi on Saturday , trainer says it's a hard task for him to win this race. I will wait for the last day myself. In saying that he is a favourate of mine so I'll take a wee punt.....
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"
    The New Plymouth trainer has Kawi in Saturday’s Group 1 Railway Stakes at Ascot, but the conditions of the feature mile have blunted his confidence.

“If he won then he would exceed my expectations,” Sharrock said.
    “It’s a handicap and he’s got to carry 58.5kg and he’ll be giving the one that won the other day four kilos and not two.”

He was referring to Perfect Reflection, who was successful in the Group 2 Lee Steere Stakes, in which Kawi finished a respectable fourth.
    “He blew out noticeably and it was 37 degrees,” Sharrock said

“This is the race of the three that I always thought would be the biggest battle,” Sharrock said.
    “I honestly can’t see him winning at the weights, but I would like to see him hitting the line strongly and I expect him to be doing that. He’ll be right for the third one then.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.