QIN 0.00% 29.5¢ quintis ltd

KKR PREPARES BID, page-89

1. 1,089 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1566
    I think Glaucus are about 3 years too late with their attack. They could have had much success if they had attacked before TFS/QIN:

* Started harvesting and selling high quality, sustainable Indian Sandalwood / Oil to USA, Europe, India, Middle East and (almost) China;

* Started covering their capital needs with cash flow from their three main businesses: Forest establishment and sales; Forest Management; and Product Sales;

* Refinanced their corporate bonds at a lower interest rate (indicating market confidence in their future) and maturing AFTER the big step up in harvests and cash flow to come;

* Passed considerable due-diligence by major new plantation investors and major new institutional shareholders;

*Bought out Santalis and progressed multiple uses of their oil for OTC and pharma products. By the end of calendar year 2017, they expect to have results from four Phase 2 trials and to have progressed to Phase 3 on one product. There are two further OTC products ready for launch, and one already on the market and selling 1 million units per year;

* Greatly improved their forest management expertise, tripling their yield from the first to the third harvest, improved growth rates to the extent that 5 year old trees are now bigger than the earlier 15 year old trees (Glaucus have not bothered to look), and improved survival rates to a 2% loss in the first year and less than 1% per year for the next 14 years.

I suggest that the shorters start covering, or they will be very exposed to a KKR 5% holding announcement, a takeover offer or better market acceptance of the QIN business following more research by investors thanks to Glaucus.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QIN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.