ARI 0.00% 2.2¢ a.c.n. 004 410 833 limited

Let's be clear in the offer price for Arrium i.e. what is for...

1. 370 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    Let's be clear in the offer price for Arrium i.e. what is for sale:

1) A$700 million of steel inventory;
    2) 17 million tonnes of stockpiled iron ore - which must surely have a much lower break-even price delivered to China than freshly mined iron ore. (say US$12 - US$14 per tonne)
    3) 2 new washing plants installed with a Federal Government Loan of A$49 million at cheap interest rates of only 2.70% per annum;
    4) Forecast EBITDA of A$297 with Iron Ore averaging only US$44 per tonne (it has averaged around US$58 a tonne during 2016/2017).
    5) $2 Billion of tax losses carried forward.
    6) Tariffs in place of between 30% and 50% on imported steel.
    7) Trade Unions having accepted 10% pay cuts as part of new EBA.

Let's be clear that when a company is in administration, inventory is usually sold at very discounted prices to clear the stock (50% to 60% off market price) - in the case of Arrium, there is A$700 million worth of steel that is being sold into a very strong market due to the high infrastructure spend and also with tariffs in place. Oh, and steel -price are up around 70% from what they were on 7th of April 2016.

Forget all this non-sense about Whyalla needing $250 million or $700 million - this is just a ruse for the banks and KM and their commission driven advisers (Morgan Stanley) to get rid of Arrium and get their money back - and shaft the shareholders in the process.

If that Arrium does not get sold for A$2 Billion, it is a rip off and a damning indictment of Corporate Australia.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.