EGR 0.00% 15.0¢ ecograf limited

KNL - look at the bright side

1. 12,132 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1283

a lot of doom and gloom all around and I am sure not many would say that "today was a great day for me" unless you happen to be that lady in the US who scooped up the $1.6 billion of Powerball jackpot... the rest of the 7 billions of us had a bad day today for sure...

let me say something positive here today... who knows it may start a trend and it may in fact turn into something positive for us all...

DJIA down 600 pts or so and XAO/XJO in a race to the bottom... looking at the RED in my portfolio today and with KNL down by 0.5c almost all day, I was thinking that when the day ends, someone will surely drop one lot big enough to hit the 17c mark and close there... it wouldn't have required much of an effort to do that - ESPECIALLY ON A DAY LIKE THIS... a mere $1,000 would have sufficed...

and if there are people out there with any malicious intent towards KNL sp, today was going to be the day which we say is like "shooting a fish in a barrel" for such activities...

YET that didn't happen - in fact the reverse happened... a few minutes before the closing bell someone bought a $900 parcel to close it even steven... not in the red, not in the green just grey enough... that tells me that there is no agenda to keep the price high enough for any reason...

so the way I look at it is that the price of KNL is trading at 20% higher than the last 3 months price and that by itself is a great achievement... cannot find anything more positive here... no one is trying to suppress the sp nor is someone trying to shore it up... the rest of my portfolio looks like it is cherry season - ALL RED yet KNL managed to survive that on a day like this...

I take it as a positive sign... in days like this when we can resort to feeling glum I am happy to use this as a feel good sign and take it from there... I am sure we all have gone very uptight with KNL and I don't blame any of you for feeling so... it has been one long wait... an elephant would have been born in this time duration  while just waiting for Tanzania to sort itself out - the gestation period has been that LOOOOOOONG... nothing is good enough to cheer us up, so let's look at anything that can make us look at the small positives here... we are 20% ABOVE our 15c average of the last 12 months, that is a fact... yes, we should be above $x.YX, but let's not go there... take these small wins when days are dark and gloomy or else investing becomes a hard cold way of looking at things... let's not get hardened, we are RETAIL INVESTORS, not cold calculating machines... we have games to go to on weekends and barbies to attend and movies to watch while our investment bubbles on the side , let us keep it there and while we cannot influence it in any other way, let us walk out with some good stuff than just looking at the dark side of graphite mining !!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EGR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $68.10M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.0¢ 15.0¢ 15.0¢ $758 5.05K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 151273 14.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.0¢ 350 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.39am 04/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
14.5¢
  Change
0.000 ( 6.45 %)
Open High Low Volume
14.5¢ 14.5¢ 14.5¢ 368
Last updated 12.43pm 04/06/2024 ?
EGR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.