EGR 1.04% 9.7¢ ecograf limited

KNL - look at the bright side, page-2

1. 1,839 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 272

I think someone posted the below link on another thread, but i thought it worth re-posting here.

I originally invested in Kibaran because of the monopoly China holds on global graphite supplies and their increasingly expansionist posturing in recent years. I suspected graphite was highly susceptible to geopolitical uncertainty as a result. China controls ~67% of the natural graphite market, and 100% of the spherical graphite market (what i didn't accurately predict was how quickly the resources within China is dwindling with some even reporting China will become a net-importer by 2020).

It was the Germans and their contracts which sold me on Kibaran. And if you haven't wondered why they are still walking hand-in-hand with Kibaran, you probably should. Not all graphite is equal. Kibaran has even announced a handful of meetings between themselves, Tanzanian officials and most importantly KfW bank. 

Trump even weighed in recently by adding a 10% tariff on Chinese graphite. This will increase to 15% later (below link). 

I mention this because when the market responds in panic to Trump and geopolitical tensions, there's a couple things worth remembering;

- Europe and China have dedicated policies to move to EV's;

- This uncertainty actually favours the graphite market ex-China (becoming cheaper in comparison to Chinese graphite because of the absence of tariffs, for the US market);

- KfW Bank (who lend on an ongoing basis in Tanzania and are based out of the German embassy. They are a national bank) are assisting Kibaran with clarification on the mining legislation so their lending request (between KfW and KNL) can be finalised;   

- Not all graphite is equal; 

- It is these tensions which help make graphite the intriguing investment it is.

https://unauthorised investment advice/resources/how-asx-graphite-producers-could-win-from-donald-trumps-china-tariffs/

Last edited by Simmpa: 30/10/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EGR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.7¢
Change
0.001(1.04%)
Mkt cap ! $44.04M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.6¢ 9.7¢ 9.6¢ $2.252K 23.37K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 96712 9.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.8¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.17pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EGR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.