EGR 8.00% 11.5¢ ecograf limited

I personally don't mind Degreener's line of questioning. To my...

1. 919 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 63
    I personally don't mind Degreener's line of questioning. To my way of thinking, if we can't answer FA questions with FA answers, especially any disingenuous ones (and I'm not suggesting Degreener's were), then we have possibly made a wrong investment, or not considered all the information. (Or we should all become chartists. And I f*cking hate chartists trying to apply meaningless patterns that may hold valid for large, liquid traded stock, but are even worse than useless in a small cap. )

Of course, we aren't going to know all the answers, and at some point you make a "best guess" based on management behaviour exhibited to date.

Degreener, you make the (valid) comment about "paid junkets" and the like. Something I didn't point out in my above posts, and which Andrew will happily tell you if you get into a conversation with him, is that when everyone else in the world was running around trying to find MOU's, the EGT approaced KNL. As I understand it, ThyssenKrupp also approached KNL. i.e. they were unsolicited buyers. Given both are German, I would suggest there has been a relationship in the past between EGT and TK (possibly even still currently).

This is hearsay for all you readers, although I had this said to me personally by someone connected in the graphite industry, was that a certain graphite mine rang our EGT some time after that off-take was a done deal, and practically begged them to tear up the agreement with us, and do it with them instead. Of course, the EGT said "thanks but no thanks". Having already tested that graphite mine's product, they knew it wouldn't suit them, and didn't want to buy it at any price. A fact that can point to the likeliness of that, is that our ASX release with regards to the EGT specifically mentions that the EGT selected KNL from a "world-wide search". They tested a number of graphite samples from different companies, and liked Epanko the best. For my FA mind, that is a massive tick.

If a buyer wants your product over a competitors for a technical reason (i.e. unrelated to price), then that's a damn good market to have, especially once SYR starts stockpiling graphite and having "end of year clearance sales". Like it or not, SYR is going to get into production and will initially be able to produce a lot of graphite, until their cash runs out. So you will never be able to compete on price with an operation like that, so you need to have technical superiority so that buyers willingly pay the higher price for TanzGraphite instead of MozGraphite.

All, I'm likely offline for a week or so, in case anyone responds further and wonders why I'm ignoring them.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EGR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.5¢
Change
-0.010(8.00%)
Mkt cap ! $52.21M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.5¢ 12.5¢ 11.5¢ $56.60K 471.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 37983 11.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.0¢ 10500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.54pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EGR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.