VPR 50.0% 0.1¢ volt group limited

Kofi Annan slams Australia over climate change

1. 17,265 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 464
    In the last few days Kofi Annan has singled out 4 nations as "free riders" on the climate change issue. They would be Australia, Canada, Russia and Japan. It is a little bit embarrassing when Ethiopia, Rwanda and Kenya have more ambitious carbon policies than us. The current government threw out carbon tax but with a new government or even new leadership of the current government we could see some form of serious climate change policy back on the table.

Suddenly NST's decision to look at ERJ's technology makes even more sense. I am guessing that they can see what is coming. NST is Australia's second biggest goldie and one day I can envisage that it could be the largest. The largest is NCM and they are an empire in decline while Northern's star (bad pun intended) continues to shine more brightly.

I could never get why NST's SP was going from strength to strength in a world where POG was getting smashed and looked like it could easily get to half it's highs of 2011. But then I went to the Rising Resource Star conference of the Gold Coast last October. Speaker after spruiker got up and each one came across like a used car salesman each trying to sell us on their "spotty gold deposit" or whatever other "unique" resource they had going. Then Bill Beament from NST got up to speak. Suddenly my attention was captured and I was thinking "Who is this guy??" I really can't quite put my finger on what it was about his presentation that was so different to everyone else's but let's just say that at that moment I "got" NST.

NST have been committed to driving down costs whilst at the same time driving up production which is why their SP has more than tripled at a time when the price of gold has nearly halved. This is not an ad for NST. I don't hold as I feel the NST train has already left the station.....but I am glad that it is NST looking at ERJ's technology. If I saw something in Bill Beament that inspired confidence then you can rest assured his peers do as well. NST is a benchmark for goldies so if NST takes on the ERJ technology and if it is successful.......well then the mind boggles at the future possibilities.

I have gotten a little off track here but what I was originally thinking is that not only could ERJ's technology be a cost saver for NST, and they are always looking for costs savings, but I would say that NST management would be savvy enough to know that sometime in the future mining ops will be fairly in the sights of climate change policy. I would suggest to you that NST management are looking to shut the gate before the carbon horse bolts. Carbon control is coming even if not under the watch of the current Federal leadership.

http://www.rtcc.org/2015/06/05/kofi-annan-slates-climate-inaction-from-canada-australia-and-russia/
    Last edited by NineLives: 08/06/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VPR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.1¢
Change
-0.001(50.0%)
Mkt cap ! $10.71M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.1¢ 0.1¢ 0.1¢ $1.2K 1.200M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
47 97300055 0.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.2¢ 79497700 43
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.09am 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VPR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.