KGN 0.63% $4.75 kogan.com ltd

Kogan business model, page-2

1. 16,849 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 55
    I think one of the issues with Kogan is they may have not identified their market segment in terms of customers.

The customer that goes to Harvey Norman is not really the Kogan customer. For example, trying to target a tosser want to spend more on certain things should not really be Kogan's go. I assume some of these products are not their products so they only act as a sale point and distributor rather than holding inventory etc..

The standout products for Kogan for me is their phone for value, TV's and the mobile phone data plans. I don't worry about most insurances but if I did, would I choose Kogan?? There would have to be a clear rationale for it in terms of advantage. A Kogan customer is more likely to take a risk and not get insurance because they feel it may not worth it

This might sound crazy but it seems to me part of Kogan' strength is their supply chain relationships with Asia. Could they provide electric scooters at a discount??? Bikes, even Cars down the track where, many people do not want to forgo the money of a big purchase if they see value. If people feel Kogan provides the A to B certainty but do not want to travel in a Lamborghini, that would be the go for Kogan.

The Kogan customer to me is someone who wants value, wants quality but is price sensitive and does not want to pay the big bucks. Kogan is more directly competing with the likes of JBHiFi to me. If you stupid enough to buy at Harvey Norman, unless there is a rare special happening or your forced to visit the real world as a customer you would not venture into Kogan. Kogan could also attract business customers focussing on the bottom line but the products can be innovative
    Last edited by DavoMagic: 08/03/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KGN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.75
Change
-0.030(0.63%)
Mkt cap ! $478.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.79 $4.81 $4.70 $2.909M 612.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 6910 $4.74

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.76 3351 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$4.72
  Change
-0.030 ( 1.69 %)
Open High Low Volume
$4.79 $4.80 $4.70 70715
Last updated 15.59pm 09/05/2024 ?
KGN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.