KGN 2.64% $4.42 kogan.com ltd

Kogan inversion, page-4

1. 3,551 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 413
    I'm surprised they haven't started selling long shelf life items.

Things like panaceas, nurofen, panadol, supplements, Vitamins, Milk Powder (just imagine BKL, BAL, A2M, BUB joining hands with KGN... I have a few of those), canned food, toilet paper, nappies, paper towels, wrapping paper, baking paper, BBQ foil, paper plates, all the consumables that don't go bad so no fresh food.

Essentially if they can get all the products that Chemist Warehouse sells and do it properly online, it would be massive.

But I digress from the aim of the thread.

Mobile & NBN wise, I would say, risk that TPG comes in with a better mobile plan. Risk that Vodafone pulls the rug from under their feet, and then Telstra not wanting to partner up, that would leave Optus (and potentially TPG in the future).

Retail, perhaps Aldi stepping up their private label and white label game, Kmart stepping up their online game, Amazon and Ebay somehow blocking Kogan from listing on their platform just to spite them, Amazon and EBay starting to charge nasty fees maybe?

Also possibly if they step on too many of these company's tails, they might get angry and go all out to spite Kogan?

I don't know... watching success of another company usually creates some sense of jealousy and anger from competitors. I would not like to see this negative sentiment brew in other larger companies like Wesfarmers (who owns KMart), or Amazon, or any of the bigger boys. They could choose to put a dent Kogan's sales by going in an all out price war as they've got the funds behind them to do so.

But of course, they would be doing their own shareholders a disservice by dropping margins to unacceptable levels... however it's something that a rogue Amazon / Wesfarmers executive could easily cook up for a while.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KGN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.42
Change
-0.120(2.64%)
Mkt cap ! $444.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.48 $4.48 $4.38 $2.300M 521.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2990 $4.39

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.42 10941 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KGN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.