KGN 0.19% $5.15 kogan.com ltd

Kogan, really cheap given the growth profile, page-36

1. 4,407 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 470
    Thanks for asking Jay.
    Just a couple of points :

1/ Since my initial note 2 months ago, the share price increase has been mainly driven by upgrade in their earnings (their monthly EBITDA has increased by 43 % between April/May and July). So there has been some multiple expansion, which remain limited as EV/EBITDA increased from 13.6 x to 16.6 x.

2/ When you look at the EBITDA margin increase from H1 20 to April/May 20 (from 8.3 % to 13.4 %), it was only driven by the gross margin which increased from 22.7 % to 29.7 % and seems to have further increased in June and July. That's a rather unique increase. I am still trying to understand what are the main drivers (probably more explanations when they publish). They mentioned the emergence of their market place during H1 20.

3/ Given the sentiment on the stock, it is also interesting to have in mind the main risks. At this stage, I think that the company has 2 main weaknesses : its average relationship with the regulator and its level of service which can probably be improved. I continue to think that their cost of doing business is probably too low. Investing in a better service would help them get more repeat customers.

In term of valuation, the company has a free cash flow yield of around 5.5 % (based on their last monthly EBITDA annualised).
    Let's hope that it will still be the same story after they publish on Monday.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KGN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.15
Change
0.010(0.19%)
Mkt cap ! $519.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.16 $5.19 $5.07 $1.444M 281.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 6953 $5.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.19 31759 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KGN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.