KOR 0.00% 0.8¢ korab resources limited

Long term ( and I mean long term shareholders ) will recall the...

1. 6,261 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1249
    Long term ( and I mean long term shareholders ) will recall the time back in 2016 I think it was that KOR was in discussions with a Chinese consortium of steel mills, whose interest in magnesite was related to the importance of magnesium oxide as an ingredient for the high performance refractory linings needed for the furnaces. This dragged on for while with a Mr Hong Wang as an intermediary (representative) for the Chinese consortium. As apart and parcel of this he took a placement in KOR shares. Then after what seemed a substantial amount of time the whole thing went "quiet" and not a word on this since. Just one of several apparent false dawns. Always wondered why the Chinese never pursued it further, maybe they figured out they would be waiting for years and years to see full scale production. Time has now shown this to be the case, still no production and not even even a Mine Management Plan has been completed. Oh, it is progressing... been progressing for a long time, no certainty when it will be completed, no timelines.

And as for talking to auto makers about supply of magnesium metal, it will be years and years,... if ever, .... that a magnesium smelter will be built in Oz. Been looked at for decades, has not happened. If the global Mg metal shortage or supply disruption continues for a long time the auto makers will simply substitute. The Mg is used as a small alloying ingredient in aluminium products. For auto bodies, the automakers can always switch ( back) to thin-gauge steel sheet. For any Mg diecast parts, which are not a significant component in autos, these can be substituted by other metals, aluminium being one, even if requiring a small amount of Mg as an alloying additive. Automakers built cars for decades and decades without Mg inputs, they can do it again if needs be.

I held for a long time, sold out on the recent spike in price. It was my "escape event"

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KOR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.