FAR 3.30% 47.0¢ far limited

The science was there all along. What happened was a classic...

1. 149 Posts.
    The science was there all along. What happened was a classic case of "groupthink". The excitement among the Rocksource crew created by quote "one of the largest CSEM signatures Rocksource had encountered" (that includes the 50 something wells they studied) coupled with the fact that they'd spent 5 years together developing the software models for processing likely caused the team as a whole to underestimate the geological risks while individually some may have had their doubts.

The most blatant misrepresentation of the technology was it's use to identify the Cygna prospect which was not considered to be prospective a play by RPS Energy's evaluation for Ophir's float (or by Ophir's own assessment as far as I know). A complete absence of DHI's in the trough combined with structural uncertainties may be the reason? I don't know. But for Rocksource Cygna must have oil for Kora to have oil because it's one of the biggest NAR responses they've ever seen! To me Cygna looks like a red splosh 500m thick which can either be caused by a highly resistive thin impermeable carbonate layer or a THICK oil filled reservoir section that mysteriously does not have DHI's that would warrant it prospective.. bit of fallacious reasoning at play?

RPS repeatedly stated that it did not give as much weight to the CSEM results and hence did not upgrade kora or downgrade the prospectivity of the negative result over Xalam.

I should also think that such a large anomaly (over 100% NAR = "80-90% HC saturation") across Kora would have presented more robust DHI's from the 3D seismic to support it. But "A recent seep study that has identified large seeps over the Kora prospect" from the RPS report quickly extinguished that doubt.

Really I should have taken this "50%+" crap with a table spoon of salt considering there was no well control in the basin and the regional geological expertise of Rocksource lies in the North Sea. Got bloody brainwashed! And from what I've read since it seems this form of CSEM is well and truly superseded by Multi-Transient EM but I'll put more about that in another post.

Guess we can put that one down to experience.

As for the wire logs, if the seep study is anything to go by I would expect we could pick up at least some residual trace of HC's. One things for certain though, everyone (Rocksource, Ophir, Noble, RPS) thought we were looking at reservoir rocks, not clay, hence it will be interesting to see how the new well control will effect the prospectivity of AGC.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
47.0¢
Change
0.015(3.30%)
Mkt cap ! $43.43M
Open High Low Value Volume
45.5¢ 47.0¢ 45.5¢ $82.32K 180.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3500 46.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
47.0¢ 125569 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.47pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.